Celebrating the local
Another restaurant that not only values its growers and farmers but is also happy to put them in the spotlight. In a short time, Thomas Sjögren has established one of West Sweden’s most interesting restaurants. It may be a bit on the periphery, but the gastronomically feels very much of the present moment. Here, the flavors are central, the presentations are ingeniously simple, and the ingredients are of the highest quality. As a guest, you choose to gaze out at the water and forest outside the window or at the chefs working quietly and efficiently in the open kitchen.
Photo: Nann Cebnér
• Takes care of its staff with reasonable working hours, training, and inclusiveness
• Serves a tasting menu inspired by the four elements: Earth, Fire, Air, and Water
• Uses ingredients from its three farms — two for cultivating on land, one for sea
• Forages fruit and mushrooms from the surrounding countryside
• Serves the occasional piece of game meat the chef caught himself