Demanding and transparent
Klas Lindberg offers his guests an uncomplicated but simultaneously genuine and vibrant gastronomy where primarily Swedish producers are given a lot of space. Portal makes demands on those in its community to become more environmentally conscious in their choices — in terms of materials, methods, and transport. Extra kudos are deserved for the work on monitoring food waste, including weighing it and making it visible to the staff. This holistic approach is becoming more and more common in the restaurant industry, which is absolutely necessary.
• “Vågen” (the scale): tool used to weigh waste, produce and plastic, to, with statistics, get better at throwing less
• Bakes bread from traditional Swedish grains
• Focuses on the long-term and strives to become climate-positive
• Offers sustainability training for staff
• Makes demands on suppliers in terms of plastic, packaging, and transport