Sourcing from within a 160 km radius
Lyst has actively chosen not to work with ingredients that come more than 160 km away from the restaurant in Vejle. Their resources are limited, but Daniel McBurnie and his team want to be involved and take responsibility for a more sustainable future. Similarly, they are committed to social sustainability, and together, the team drafts Lyst’s annual Sustainability Manifesto — which is a must-read! At Lyst, everyone is valued equally, and everyone works toward the same goals. Here, many tasks are shared, which creates a dynamic sense of security among the employees. The gastronomy is technically advanced but always rests on a foundation of natural ingredients that feels both lively and challenging.
• All ingredients originate within 160 km
• The team has visited all producers and farms together
• Much of the plastic in the kitchen has been replaced by metal and wood
• Animal protein is often derived from “byproducts”
• Scannable codes are used to verify the origin of fish and how it was caught