Jord continues to impress. This is fun, thought-provoking, and driven gastronomy — that’s also affordable compared to the equivalent quality in the big cities. Just as the name suggests (“Jord” means “soil”), this is extremely down-to-earth, honest cooking that gives the customer a small taste of the best ingredients from the area — with a focus on game meat. The tasting menu is an orgy of local ingredients: herbs, vegetables, pike, perch, unripe plums, oranges, rapeseed oil, goat kid, and wild boar. The drinks harmonize well with what is offered on the plate, and the knowledge of the small, close-knit front-of-house team is completely on par with that of the kitchen.
• The Nordic drinks package exclusively features drinks from Nordic countries
• No seafood served; since it is not nearby
• Farm-to-table cooking
• Rotation of duties among staff
• Ingredients are almost exclusively local
• Innovation and creativity go hand-in-hand with sustainability