Urgent and dedicated
At Hörte Brygga, they see themselves as an intermediary, inviting guests to join them on a journey through the world of producers, through weather and wind, difficulties and opportunities. This is as close as you can get to the growers and farmers. Or the sea, for that matter; the restaurant is located in a small fishing port in southern Sweden. The splash of salt and the cries of the seagulls are part of the experience! Proximity and small scale are the heart of the business. On its website and social media posts, you can read about the philosophy behind the restaurant and about everyone who contributes ingredients, both on the plate and in the glass. The gastronomic level has gone up a notch since our last visit. It’s creative, beautiful, thoughtful, present, and delicious.
• Pays great attention to the use of water
• Provides handmade, locally grown linseed oil soap from Ystad for hand washing
• Uses washable linen dishcloths
• Relies on electricity from solar or wind power
• Buys high-quality workwear made from ecologically recycled material, produced locally, and in environmentally friendly colors