Skadir, Skåbu Fjellhotell
Craftsmanship, pride and respect
Skadir is the name of the goddess of the hunt and also the name of the restaurant located inside the family-run Skåbu Fjellhotell in Gudbrandsdalen. Craftsmanship, pride, and respect are the three essential characteristics of its gastronomy. Here, they live as they learn from what nature’s pantry has to offer — mainly game meat and the meat of pigs and sheep from their own farm, as well as fish from the area’s streams and lakes. It’s a vibrant, natural cooking served in a simple yet spectacular milieu.
• Works in a regenerative way with local farmers
• Minimizes food waste, e.g., by not serving breakfast as a buffet
• Raises happy pigs that eat the food waste from the hotel
• Does its own hunting and fishing
• Organizes many activities and training opportunities for employees