Leaves no stone unturned
At K2, they choose ingredients from Rogaland — the scenic, fertile county to which the city of Stavanger belongs. Here, there’s a passion for selected, climate-friendly ingredients — cooked over coal and beautifully presented on the plate with strong, clear flavors and a playfulness that creates a unique, personal style. The restaurant scored the highest rating level in the 2023 360°Eat Guide, thanks in large part to its systematic effort on everything from personnel, ingredients, cooking techniques, food waste, and handling of ingredients. The restaurant’s website outlines their goals and how they plan to reach them. Here they recognizes the importance of combining a vibrant, creative gastronomy with responsibility for both food and people.
Photo: Lise Bjelland
• Certified organic restaurant
• Reduced use of red meat from 120 to 16 grams per guest
• Constant dialogue with MSC, working to quickly adapt the menu to the most sustainable fish
• By-catch fish, caught unintentionally, is mainly served
• Four-day workweek and seven weeks of vacation for staff