Reverent attitude to the produce and its origin
There is a low-key and focused atmosphere at Petri that feels almost sacred. Seriousness and relentlessness are reflected in the cooking, which is clearly connected to the legendary Petri Pumpa in Lund. At Petri, they have an almost dogmatic approach to the ingredient and its inherent potential. Few other chefs can bring out the best of ingredients like Petter Nilsson — whether it’s vegetables, meat, or poultry. Here, they don’t shy away from taking a broader approach to the issue and talking about carbon footprint and biodiversity. At Petri, you realize the role of food and drinks in the grand scheme of things.
• Does as much as possible with each ingredient
• Uses almost 100 percent local
• Sees nutritional content as a vital aspect
• Creates a varied work schedule for the staff
• Weighs cooking energy and time against the value of using an ingredient
Photo: P-A Jörgensen