Living up to their name
At Nolla, it’s the producers of the ingredients who dictate the menu. Everything served is organic, biodynamic, or from a local permaculture farm — except for the mussels, which are harvested a little further away. The menu is mainly green; meat from old dairy cows is the only kind used, and all ingredients (except for the mussels) come from local sources in the region. Food waste is almost non-existent in the restaurant; 94 percent of what ends up in the compost has already been reused at least once, and what is discarded into the compost goes back to one of the farmers.
• Does not use chemical cleaning products
• Sends its compost to be used by farmers
• Uses all locally-sourced ingredients except for mussels
• Only serves red meat from old dairy cows
• Refuses to allow single-use plastics