Love for the local
The land of nature leaves its mark on Naturaj. Most of the ingredients are grown, harvested, and slaughtered on a nearby farm or gathered from local forests — sticks, rocks, and moss are used to make stock and broth used in eleven different dishes. The gastronomy feels playful, wild, and generous, as well as creative and aesthetically pleasing. Often, the same ingredient is used in several dishes. There’s an economic mindset to consider the entire ingredient, whether it’s an animal or a vegetable. The pricing is humane, which has also helped locals to find their way here.
Photo: Rania Rönntoft
• Most ingredients come from the restaurant’s own farm
• There’s also a private greenhouse powered by solar panels
• A high amount of ingredients foraged from the forest
• Ambitions to become a meeting place for local residents
• Participation as a guest lecturer about working environment, aimed especially as inspiration for aspiring chefs that are women