Dedicated to the big and little things
Found just on the outskirts of the city’s historic old town, Lee offers a fascinating gastronomy from the crossroads of Estonia and Asia — the results are innovative, clean, beautiful dishes that often have a deeper message. The rule is simple: use local produce as the main ingredient and then add seasonings from around the world. Here, vegetables dominate, although fish and meat — mostly game — are also served. The commitment to sustainability extends beyond the walls of the restaurant, with efforts to influence guests to change their lives through food and drink, including through social media videos. Extra points for the approach to personnel matters, which Lee takes very seriously.
• About 50 percent of ingredients are organic
• Many ingredients are locally sourced
• Game meat responds to a high proportion of the meat served
• Leftover sous vide cooking water is used to clean the kitchen floor
• Major investments are made in staff training and development