At Fotografiska, the approach to sustainability is multi-layered and doesn’t settle for shortcuts and simple solutions. It strives to be in-depth, getting to know farmers and suppliers and finding out everything about their farming methods and care of livestock. The seasons guide the menu; while vegetables are pickled, preserved, and canned for later use in the dark and difficult seasons. This is a conscious restaurant with access to its own farm, where they are experimenting with circular solutions. The open kitchen prepares food that’s modern, delicate, and creative, using first-class ingredients. With a clear conscience, we declare Fotografiska the most sustainable restaurant in Tallinn in 2023.
Photo: Lauri Laan
• About 70 percent of ingredients are organic
• Only grass-fed meat is served
• Most vegetables come from southern Estonia, which has a more favorable climate and soil
• Wines are organic, biodynamic, and natural
• Food waste is utilized as a natural part of the gastronomy
• Everything is recycled