An extraordinary commitment
The name says it all — Etoile has indeed received a well-deserved star in a certain other restaurant guide. On the sustainability front, it has come a long way, even though its location in central Stockholm doesn’t exactly make things easier. To that end, the restaurant strives to have a personal relationship with suppliers. The food is New Nordic, both aesthetically and in terms of taste. The range of non-alcoholic drinks is worth a special mention, and everything is made in-house. There’s a unique approach in terms of the staff, where all employees are chefs, and everyone has to know how to do everything, including the exemplary dining room service. Democratic and interesting!
• Employs only chefs, and everyone gets to do everything
• Operates with a collective agreement
• Wants to have a personal relationship with their producers
• Happily provides further training for staff, “everyone should be a sommelier when they leave”
• Strongly focuses on non-alcoholic drinks; making everything in-house and with pride