Passionate and relevant
Publiek is an unusual — and very attractive — combination of past and present, of restaurant and cultural meeting place. The cooking that’s created here, in the borderland between different art forms, feels playful, serious, challenging, and relevant. If it comes out wild and creative on the plate, it’s all the more clear and structured in theory. This is a restaurant that takes responsibility, from farm to table. From ingredients and food waste to educating staff and enlightening diners — Publiek wants to be involved in the change that the entire restaurant industry is facing.
• Works with different food preservation methods to extend the use of seasonal ingredients
• Maintains close relationships with suppliers
• Aims to make use of entire ingredients
• Reduces transportation and material waste by using kegs for wine
• Gets close to 100 percent of their produce from within Belgium