Placing high demands
Fabio Haebel runs three restaurants in Hamburg, Haebel being one of them. The menu is based on seasonal and regional produce, served in a relaxed fine dining ambiance. Whether it’s poultry, meat, or fish, the requirements are high on both quality and origin. Restaurants serving seafood, in particular Haebel, as its sister restaurant XO Seafood specializes in fish and shellfish, should expect to be scrutinized and must answer as to how and where the fish they serve is caught. And rightly so! These days, we have to be more careful than ever when we eat fish. Haebel offers ingenious, creative, and beautiful dishes with great flavors, served by knowledgeable and dedicated staff.
Photo: Andreas Behr
• Maintains close contact with the suppliers of its fish
• Among the few restaurants in Hamburg focused on seafood
• Only services organic wines
• Consciously works to reduce food waste
• Moving to new premises in 2025, where the entire business will be further developed