Café De Ceuvel
Fully plant-based, fully dedicated
At Café De Ceuvel, those who enjoy biodynamic, organic, and locally produced food and drink will be able to get their fill. There is no mistaking the high ambitions – and it doesn’t just apply to the food on the plate. The surroundings are spectacular; the exterior is, at first glance, a little run down, but the charm and personality are obvious. Here, the tables are placed literally ON the water, atop pontoons and piers with spectacular views. The dishes are simple but well prepared, always clearly connecting to the ingredients, the origins, and the farmers. The restaurant belongs to De Ceuvel, a tech playground and hub featuring offices, studios, galleries, and hotels — all with high, green ambitions as their benchmark.
• 85–90 percent of ingredients come from the Netherlands, the rest are from northern France
• A documented, fully-written sustainability policy
• Seven different recycling categories, such as: metal, glass, food waste, paper, plastic, etc.
• Weekly review of metric data to reduce food waste
• Part of De Ceuvel — a tech playground and one of Europe’s most sustainable urban projects