A happy team is a healthy team
For about a decade, the space where Topicàl now sits was home to chef Christian Puglisi’s award-winning restaurant Relæ — known for its strikingly innovative and organic gastronomy. Today, it’s where a former Relæ employee has their own restaurant. One that brings a casual, vegetable-focused menu — with the personality of Mediterranean cuisine in general and Naples in particular — to the table. If any meat is needed for a dish, it must come from a livestock source that ensures proper animal welfare. Here, sustainability is part of all daily tasks, from water usage and waste sorting to regular conversations with farmers and suppliers.
• Highly prioritizes organic ingredients
• Values meeting with the suppliers — knowing the farmer is crucial
• Tries to use water sparingly
• Serves only 50-75 grams of fish per plate
• Excludes beef due to farmed beef’s high carbon footprint