Chlorophyllous gastronomy that challenges the guest
Choux is a seasonal restaurant that places high demands on itself and its suppliers. The quality of the ingredients is first-rate, which allows the character and taste of what is served to emerge much more clearly. It’s honest, transparent, creative, and delicious! When Merijn van Berlo, chef and co-owner, decided to stop serving meat, there was concern about what guests would say. It’s an anxiety that turned out to be unnecessary. Choux rose to a new gastronomic level.
• No meat is served
• 60–70 percent of ingredients are from the Netherlands
• Exclusively natural wines
• Inclusive employer who is clear about visions and rules
• Zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior among employees
• Kitchen water is collected and reused for the garden